The Governor of Sokoto State, Aminu Tambuwal has emerged the winner of 2019 Silverbird Man of The Year.
Other nominees Governor Aminu Tambuwal beat for the award includes Oyo State Governor, Seyi Makinde, Minister of Labour and Productivity, Chris Ngige, UBA Chief Executive, Tony Elumelu and Edo State Governor, Godwin Obaseki.
The award ceremony is slated to take place at Eko Hotel & Suites this February.
Born January 10, 1966 Tambuwal won the Sokoto State governorship election during the 2015 general polls and was re-elected in the 2019 general elections.
His performance in the areas of infrastructure renewal, education and health services improvements in Sokoto in his first term had endeared him to the electorate who voted him in again in a keenly contested 2019 polls.
Among his professional affiliations, Tambuwal has been a very active member of the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA), over the years.
- Member, The Nigerian Bar Association
- Public Relations Officer, The Nigerian Bar Association (1996-1997)
- Member, Constitution Review Committee of the Nigerian Bar Association (1997-1998)
- Sokoto Branch Secretary, Nigerian Bar Association (1997-1998)
- Assistant National Financial Secretary of the Nigerian Bar Association (1998-2000)
- First Assistant National Secretary of Nigerian Bar Association (2000-2002)
- Member, Body of Benchers Nigeria
- Member, International Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association