Jennifer Lopez And Alex Rodriguez Confirm Split
Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez are no longer together as they have confirmed that their engagement is over.
In a joint statement released on Thursday, April 15, 2021, the former couple said they would be going their separate ways but would remain as friends.
“We have realized we are better as friends and look forward to remaining so. We will continue to work together and support each other on our shared businesses and projects,” they told The Today Show.
“We wish the best for each other and each other’s children. Out of respect for them, the only other comment we have to say is thank you to everyone who has sent kind words and support.”
Lopez, 51, and Rodriguez, 45, also asked for privacy for the sake of their children. The pop superstar is the parent of 13-year-old twins, son Max and daughter Emme, with ex-husband Marc Anthony. The former Yankee has two daughters, Natasha, 16, and Ella, 12, with ex-wife Cynthia Scurtis.
Page Six previously revealed that the stars — who got engaged in 2019 but postponed their wedding twice, citing the COVID-19 pandemic — had split because of Rodriguez’s scandal with “Southern Charm” star Madison LeCroy.