Tory Lanez Sends Megan Thee Stallion An Apology Text After Alleged Shooting
Tory Lanez reportedly sent Megan Thee Stallion an apology text following a July shooting incident.
According to TMZ, the 28-year-old Canadian singer and rapper apologized to Megan, 25, after the “WAP” rapper sustained gunshot wounds to both her feet requiring surgery. Last month, Megan told her followers on Instagram Live that Lanez was the one who shot her, after previously not naming him as her alleged shooter.
“You shot me. There were only four people in the car, me you, my homegirl, and your security…I get out of the car. I’m done arguing, I’m out of the car, this n**ga from the back seat of the car started shooting at me! You shot me!“ Megan said during a live Instagram post.
The text message doesn’t directly address the alleged shooting, but it does sees Lanez blame his behaviour on the previous night on being “too drunk”.
“I know u prolly never gone talk to me again,” the message reads. “But I genuinely want u to know I’m sorry from the bottom of my heart… I was just too drunk…
“None the less [sic] shit should have never happened and I can’t change what did. I just feel horrible… Cuz I genuinely just got too drunk.”
Megan did not respond to Lanez’s apparent text message, according to TMZ.
Lanez was arrested on July 13 and charged with carrying a concealed firearm in a vehicle. He posted his $35,000 bail and was released later that day, and is scheduled to appear in court in October.