Kevin Hart is being sued by Montia Sabbag for $60m claiming that she was the female he and his friend secretly recorded during a sexual encounter in 2017.
Sabbag, 28, claims that Hart was seeking publicity for his comedy tour that kicked off later that year when he recorded himself with her in a Las Vegas hotel room.
She has filed a lawsuit against Hart, his former friend J.T Jackson, The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas and the website, Fameoulous, for their alleged roles in the tape.
Sabbag is asking for $60 million citing negligence, negligent infliction of emotional distress and invasion of privacy.
She says the nearly three-minute video posted online Sept. 17, 2017, depicted her naked from the waist down engaged in “private, consensual sexual relations” with Hart.
“The unknowing and unwelcome filming of Ms. Sabbag while naked and engaging in private sexual activity in a private bedroom and the further dissemination of the unauthorized video of Ms. Sabbag at the Cosmopolitan has caused and continues to cause Ms. Sabbag great emotional distress and embarrassment,“ the lawsuit states.
In an exclusive 2017 interview, Sabbag revealed that the tape was actually filmed during the day, and said Hart was sober at the time.
The pair traveled with a group of mutual friends to Las Vegas in August of that year and became intimate only after arriving in Sin City.
She also said that she was unaware that the actor was married at the time to model Eniko Parrish, who was six months pregnant with the couple’s first child.
This is the latest in a line of devastating blows to Hart, who was hit with a $7 million judgment in another suit earlier this year and is currently recovering from a near-fatal car crash.