Paris St-Germain’s sporting director, Leonardo has said Neymar can leave the club “if there is an offer that suits everyone”.
The Brazil forward failed to turn up for the first day of pre-season training on Monday and PSG say they will take “appropriate action”.
The 27-year-old has been linked with a move back to former club Barcelona.
Leonardo added that the French champions had “not received any offers” for Neymar but there had been “very superficial contacts” with Barcelona.
Neymar joined PSG from Barcelona for a world record 222m euros (£200m) in August 2017.
Asked if the player had asked to leave the club, Leonardo – speaking to La Parisien – said: “It’s clear to everyone. But in football, you say one thing today and tomorrow another. It’s amazing but it’s like that.
“Yes [I have spoken to Neymar]. I do not want to tell all the details of the conversation.
“We talked with his entourage too. Everyone knows everything. The position is clear for all participants.
“But one thing is concrete today: he still has three years of contract with us. And since we have not received an offer, we cannot discuss anything.”
He added: “Neymar can leave PSG, if there is an offer that suits everyone.
Neymar has scored 34 goals in 37 league appearances for PSG to help them to consecutive Ligue 1 titles, but he has also been involved in a number of disciplinary incidents, including being banned for three games for lashing out at a fan after PSG’s shock French Cup final defeat.
He will also miss the next three European matches for insulting officials.
Last week, Barcelona president Josep Bartomeu claimed Neymar wants to leave PSG this summer.
According to reports in the Spanish media, Neymar has offered to take a pay cut of 12m euros a year to facilitate a return to the Nou Camp, where he played between 2013 and 2017.